Tuesday, August 11, 2009

FROM UGLY DUCKLING TO A BEAUTIFUL SWAN





I remember the very first time I entered SL...I came to a place called Miramare....I am an AVI with a pink old fashioned dress a very big butt a frizzled hair and that which looks around everywhere you point your mouse on... there are lots of AVIs there and I can hardly move... I didnt know yet that the place is called your home SIM and I cant move because there is lag since a lot of AVI teleported to that place.

Being the friendly person that I was in RL I said hello in local chat..but nobody would seem to notice...I even approached each one of them...that time I dont know how to use camera controls yet..I dont know that you can check out the profile of a person even without approaching them..nobody responded to my hello...so I sat down in one corner and started editing my appearance..It took me 3 days to perfect the shape that I want..I stayed 3 days in Miramare..It was hard being a Newbie especially if you dont get nice treatment from older AVIs.

One day...a kind person sent me a Newbie folder with lots of freebie Landmarks. My succeeding days in SL were all spent in shopping freebie items..there are things that I want to buy but I dont have any Lindens..the thought of spending for things that I want made me stay on camping areas which helped at first but as your need grows you realize camping isnt enough to buy the things that you want.

With a new look...I joined a photo contest at DMA hoping to earn me a 1000L$, I didnt know its a voting system..and depends on the vote of your friends..and because I have very few friends and very few lindens that time I lost.

But it opened another oppurtunity for me. I was hired as DMA Supermodel but it doesnt earn me lindens just exposure. Being a supermodel requires a lot of time, patience and fashion sense. You cannot be seen around wearing freebie item which everyone elses wear. My favorite hair when I was a Newbie is the Bianca from the Changing Room it was a nice hair but everyone else have it. Its a good thing my SL and RL friend Lyra Broadway sent me a set of ETD hair to start with. Least that I know ETD is a very well known Hair Line in SL Fashion. At least I could walk around carrying a Supermodel tag above my head and not wearing a freebie hair(lol).

I started with a free modelling HUD from ZHAO II which I have learned to manipulate. The transition were not that smooth though but i can get away with it for the meantime. I frequented Sunmade Fashion because they have very nice items for Price Camps; skins,hair,boots,clothes. You can go on Midnight Mania hunt too or be member of groups that gives appreciation gifts. LionSkin gives free skin.

Lyra Broadway gave me a set of REDGRAVE skins. And I was thankful, because that time I cannot afford even a single Redgrave skin for it worth 900L$. Another friend Barbie Leotord gave me 3 Stiletto Moody shoes. I was really lucky to have loving friends.

I started using my account 2 days ago and spent 3000L$ for clothes, hair and shoes that I need for styling events. I bought a new Model HUD at VISTA worth 800L$.

I realized modelling is an investment. If you want to really succeed as a model like in any other businesses you have to invest. As a Model I have to invest in my looks, the clothes that I wear and the poses that I carry.

I have made it through by not spending and relying on what I earn in world but its not enough..the competition is tough in the fashion world..and if u want career growth you have to be at par. For those who are new..dont loose hope..there are lots of freebie items that are good you just have to know how to mix and match

Through practice and patience you'll get what you wish for.. practice in the runway makes me a better model.. and patience in rummaging Sales help me make it through for 5 months without pulling anything from my pocket..plus make more friends...you'll get by with a little help from them.

Being a Beningborough Model later on earns me lindens,
I became a model for Passion for Fashion Magazine May 2009,
I was chosen as DMA Model of the week for Your Own Style Fashion in June,2009
I was chosen as TOP 12 Finalist in SL NEW TOP MODEL COMPETITION
and just now as I write this article I won a 3rd place in Classic with Style: Karate Theme.

EVERY Linden I spent is worth it..
If you want help I have lots of transgferable items i can share which you can start up with. I would love to share it with you..just see me In-world..
TRUE this ugly duckling might have turned into a beautiful swan but her golden heart has never changed..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEGEND of PICTURE from ugly duckling to a beautiful swan:

#1- SL template shape, Don Trizzi Hair( brown), LorAla Skin 12/03 freebie tanks and jeans photo taken at The Pond

#2- Fleur Vivant Shape, ETD Lovely hair, LorAla Skin 12/03 Beningborough Jewel gown
photo taken at Japan Tempura

#3- Fleur Vivant Shape Modified, ETD Riley hair, Redgrave Jennifer #3 Skin, SunMade Fashion dress and Pearl Accessories photo taken at Solare

No comments:

Post a Comment